The newly created Field Care Supervisor role enables Ashridge Home Care to respond quickly to emerging or changing care needs including Complex and End of Life Care. You must be flexible with your ability to offer support at short notice and/or accommodate fast changing situations. You will join a dedicated care team and work closely with our Care Manager, supporting their day to day activities. You must build a strong rapport with the care staff, both live-in and visiting hourly and offer an additional support
measure as they work within highly stressful and challenging situations.
Outside of care hours, your role is based in our office supporting the Care Manager to review and update care plans and risk assessments in line with changing and emerging needs. To ensure existing placement/schedule sustainability and quality care by supporting the care team.
– To support Ashridge Home Care in the delivery of client care
– To support the Care Manager through care plan reviews & updates and ensure a consistent communication flow from client to care management.
– To ensure all client and carer contact is captured as required on our eCare system.
– To supervise and support the care team, ensuring that the Ashridge Home Care values of Trust, Compassion, Respect and Knowledge are always maintained and that each team member treats clients in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
– To support family members of our clients through complex and sensitive situations.
– To conduct unannounced spot checks, supervisions and support visits to our care team, mentoring the newest members throughout their first 12 weeks of employment.
– To lead by example, be a role model to new and existing carers.
– To carry out observations in line with our carer pathway and the Skills for Care accredited Care Certificate.
– To participate in the on-call rota.
Within the agreed schedule, the priority is to ensure continuity of care to new and existing clients. You may be required to respond to urgent enquiries or care visits where support is not already aligned. This may be interim, such as a new enquiry or emerging cover of care visits including carer sickness.
– Providing personal care
– Medication provision
– Escorting to appointments/outings
– Cooking nutritious meals
– Liaising with families, friends, medical professionals on behalf of our clients
– Updating care plans with changing risk, health changes and care needs
– Record keeping
– Contracted role
– Holiday Pay
– Travel Expenses
– Expenses for ‘Looking after our carers’
– 5% Family and Friends Discount
– Client Referral Scheme (up to £500 per client)
– Free Employee Assist Programme
– Training & Support
– Career Progression
- Hold an up to date full UK driving licence
- Own personal vehicle with business insurance
- Have good command of the English language
- Working skills with Microsoft office applications
- Proven track record working in the care sector
- Planning and organisation skills
- Compassionate and supportive approach
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 – £24,000.00 per year
We’re always looking for friendly and enthusiastic people to help support older people to live life to the full. If you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please complete our join the team form or contact us for an exploratory chat.