We’ve all been crying out for really positive feel good stories lately and this is a great opportunity to share some of that.
Every day is a great day to celebrate the amazing women in your life, but International Women‘s Day gives you an extra reason to do just that
Launched this year by local charity Community Impact Bucks, the Buckinghamshire Women in Charity Awards will raise awareness of the work being carried out by women in the county, shining the light on their inspirational initiatives and stories as well as recognising their valuable contribution to our Buckinghamshire communities.
Katie Higginson, CEO of Community Impact Bucks, said: “There are so many incredible stories out there and we feel it is really important to share them to not only celebrate the difference that is being made now but also to inspire others.”
The judging panel consist of women who all have extensive experience of working with charities and communities in the county, and bring years of experience and insight to the judging process. Judges include:
- Cllr Mimi Harker OBE, Chair of Community Impact Bucks, Member of Buckinghamshire Council
- Rachael Shimmin, Chief Executive of Buckinghamshire Council
- Hero Brown, Founder-Director of Muddy Stilettos
- Trudi Scrivener, Director and Founder of Ashridge Home Care, President Nominee Princes Risborough Rotary, and Trustee, Heart of Bucks
- Mari Durward-Akhurst, International Para Dressage Rider and European Silver Medallist
Streamed live – Link to Ceremony here ⤵️
Buckinghamshire Women in Charity Awards is held in association with Nova Fundraising, Heart of Bucks and Chiltern Institute of Fundraising.